Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

strange problem starting

rpdrewrpdrew Posts: 2
edited October 2018 in Ford
Hello,

Today I tried to start the car after not running it for a few days, and this is what happened:

1. Car will not start. When I turn ignition key, the engine goes over once lazily, then a long pause, then again, then a long pause. It doesn't sound to me like weak batteries have sounded in the past
2. Battery is tested good and charged. Connections appear tight and uncorroded. I can't see any damage on wires from battery, but they lead down where I can't see very clearly. There are lots of squirrels around though. I have also tried jump starting and get the same result.
3. I plugged in the error code reader and it did not say anything except P0600 and P0607 Pending, which seems to mean it couldn't establish communication.
4. A wrench icon is on the panel at times.
5. When I turn the key to the pre-start position, before I try to actually do the final partial turn to start the engine, I hear the fan in the engine area turning and there is also a strange clicking sound from the engine area. The strange clicking sound goes away after a few seconds but the fan still runs.

Any ideas?
Thanks