Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you considering a vehicle subscription service or did you previously consider one and decide against it? If so, a reporter would like to talk to you. Please reach out to [email protected] by 10/30 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Hitch carry weight

kenward42kenward42 Hudson, WIPosts: 1
edited January 16 in Honda
We recently purchased a 2018 Honda CR-V Touring model. I am a totally disabled male senior citizen, who wants to install a hitch carrier to our vehicle to haul my 167.5 lb power wheel chair. the hitch carrier that would work on our vehicle, with a swing-away feature weighs 120 lbs, which would bring the weight on the hitch to 287.5 lbs. But, I can't find any information from Honda engineering, that lets me know if the vehicle can handle that weight. The owner's manual is useless, stating that the maximum tongue weight is 10% of the towing weight which is only 1,500 lbs. So, according to that info the maximum hitch weight would be 150 lbs, which means I couldn't even stand on the hitch. That info just can't be right. I need info from a knowledgeable engineer to help me with this problem.

Comments

• StanSStanS So CAPosts: 3
    Go to Honda.com, https://automobiles.honda.com/information/customer-relations
    Scroll about 2/3 of the way down the page and right in the middle you can click through to "Send an Email". It lists their Toll-free number: 1-800 999-1009.
    Click the email link and you'll have to go through a bit of a questionnaire (Name, email, phone VIN...), and then just Copy & Paste your question into where it says Description.
    After you do that, call them.