Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently purchased a new minivan? A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by July 2 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Anti Freeze container leak onto number 4 coil pack. Misfire

mrrush101mrrush101 Posts: 2
edited February 18 in Jeep
I was driving my jeep after gassing it up and the check engine light comes on. I have a code reader and got a number 4 misfire code. I open the hood and noticed anti freeze was dripping onto the number 4 coil pack, I found that the leak was along the seam of the plastic container. I did a drop cylinder test which is basically unplugging the coil pack when the car is running to see if the engine sounds or runs different. There was no difference, i check the other coil packs this way also and the rest of them all made a sound and the motor ran rough.
I then replaced the coil pack and spark plug and did the drop cylinder test but still no change in sound or performance. I still had the misfire. I think the computer shuts down the fuel injector on these jeeps when it misfires so it does not ruin the convertor.
I may have gotten anti freeze onto the wire that plugs into the coil pack, if i did how do i resolve this issue? Would it have shorted out the computer and damaged it somehow, so that it always thinks there is a misfire on cylinder 4? Any ideas would help