Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

I need help with engine replacement

jason30jason30 Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Chevrolet
I have a 99 Suburban and need to replace the engine. I have found an LT1 350 92 model. Will it work in my Suburban?

Comments

• 3mice3mice Posts: 4
    I put a deposit on a 2001 chevy sub 1500 LS with 81,000 miles. The car is totally loaded and rides great. I am so concerned about the engine giving out. Negotiated to 12,000 for final purchase price. Am I making the right decision. I only drive 8k a year.
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,059
  • rockman59rockman59 Posts: 250
    3mice said: I am so concerned about the engine giving out.
    I never bought a car with so much mileage on it 80k. I had a 2000 ford windstar with 23,000 and never really had any problems. We needed a large 4 wheel drive vechile and could not afford to purchase a more slightly used sub.
    This sub had 1 owner, that I can't get in touch with (got name off of carfax). It appeared that he towed, due to some bumper scratches and the AR extra. They said that it makes a difference. Is there anything else I should check before final purchase. Transmission seemed ok. Runs great.
  • rockman59rockman59 Posts: 250
    Is there anything else I should check before final purchase. Transmission seemed ok. Runs great.
    Towing should not be an issue if the vehicle has the towing package...unless it was used in a commercial towing/heavy hauling operation or something like that. Your best bet would be to have the vehicle inspected by a professional. Might cost $150 or so....but it could save you big money in the long run. Have them check the engine, transmission, rear end, and 4 wheel drive components. That is where the big money repairs are. You will also want them to check out the brake system,AC/ electrical, etc.
  • Well we purchased the 2001 sub. I love it. With 80K on it runs great so far. Inspected by my mechanic and said all looks good. Rides great. Thanks for the feedback.
This discussion has been closed.