Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently purchased a new minivan? A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by July 2 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Highlander no heat A/C will not turn off

JabberwoJabberwo Posts: 4
edited March 10 in Toyota
Hi, my 2006 Highlander suddenly stopped heating last night. The A/C light comes on without being touched. No amount of pushing it will turn it off. The recirculating air button light is also not responsive; it mostly stays on except when I move direction knob to windshield.

I found the long post regarding A/C not coming on and the loose knobs problem. I took all three knobs off and tightedtened down the nuts behind them. I moved all three with my fingers while knobs were off.

Still in the situation where A/C is blasting on a 20 degree night. I don't think the heat is even on while knob is turned to high heat, the air is too cold. Did a horrible job of clearing the fog off the inside of the windshield.

Any ideas besides the $1,000+ gouging by the dealership?

thanks,
Jab

Comments