Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford F-Series Audio Systems

KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
edited March 2014 in Ford
Want to upgrade your F-truck audio, or can't hear anything at all from what you have? This is the place!

kcram - Pickups Host

Comments

• drivingtheviewdrivingtheview Member Posts: 1
    I recently purchased a 2004 F-150 Supercrew Lariat (New Body Style). The stock radio includes the in-dash 6 CD changer with what I beleive is Ford's "Premium Sound" package (loose term here). I want to connect an external XM radio tuner that is connected to to my existing radio. I am talking about an XM tuner without controls that is mounted in the glove box or under a seat (out of site). I assume the auxilary button can activate the XM radio? Will I be able to view the XM channels on my radio screen? Also, can I use my pre-set radio buttons to store XM radio channels in the auxilary mode? Scrolling up/down through 200+ XM channels would not be an option, neither is an awful sounding FM modulator. I would also like to connect an Ipod jack to my existing radio. I understand that I will not be able to view my Ipod songs on my radio screen, however, How can I connect two auxilary devices with only one auxilary jack (is there some type of splicing cable on the market)? Is this even possible?

I asked a very old, very large, and very respected Ford dealership about Ford's triptunes. He said do not even bother and also told me thatI am much better off using another after-market product (he had no other suggestions). He had experienced too many problems properly connecting Ford's Triptunes.

Am I doomed to an after-market Stereo to listen to music 2007 style? This was not in the budget, but what else is new?
  • mschmalmschmal Member Posts: 1,757
    No xm receiver/tuner will work with any Ford factory head unit.

Your only option to keep the stock head unit is to get the sirius kit installed but its kind of pricy.

Mark.
  • jimbeckwithjimbeckwith Member Posts: 1
    Anyone have info on where to start looking for the connector for the six CD Audio system in a 2006 F350 SD.
  • f101starfiref101starfire Member Posts: 1
    Sir:
    i just bought a connector for the speakers / power etc from a place called Steros on the go electronics. 866 380 0529. oem-auto-accessory.com
    I bought the connector ($15) paid the usps shipping ($6) and it was delivered and was the right part.
    Try there.
  • neb2nneb2n Member Posts: 2
    I am presently deployed in the Kuwait/Iraq region (I bounce back and forth all the time).
    When I get back, I am going to complete the rebuilding of my 1995 F-150 Flareside. I have been working on it for two years.
    For the life of me, according to the schematics, there is suppose to be a harness that the goes between the OEM AM/FM/Cassette radio and the OEM Premium Sound, and I can not locate this harness. Every salvage yard I have gone to does not have the stereo system and/or dash in it. Can you help?

I identified the FWH-593 and FWH-594 harness in a catalog but I am at a loss as to where these harness go and if one of these is what I am searching for. Can anyone help? Is this harness available or does it have to be built?

Please reply to [email protected]
    Thanks to webmail, I can access my account even from the sandbox.
  • neb2nneb2n Member Posts: 2
    Thank you very much for your reference to oem-auto-accessory.com!
    I have a 1995 F150 that I have been rebuilding and your reference has helped me immensely.
    I am #6 of #7

Thanks Again!!
This discussion has been closed.