Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Opinions on Subaru Extended Warranty, please

rbxPhillyrbxPhilly PA - PennsylvaniaPosts: 1
edited March 20 in Subaru
I got the 10yr/100K miles/ $100 deductible Subaru Added Security Gold Plus Extended Warranty on my 2016 Impreza Premium Wagon while doing a buyout of my 3-year lease. I was at the end of Original Warranty. 

My mileage is seriously low …6,000 miles total. Car was serviced at 6-month intervals on the Maintenance Agreement. The problems I’ve had are excessive rust on the brakes and some weatherstrip issues ...I think because of minimal use, mostly city stop & start driving, and being kept outdoors in Philadelphia. Had the same problems with my last Impreza (1995 LX that ran for 20 yrs). These issues were covered with Original Agreement, but looks like they’re excluded under this one. I'm already included in Subaru Powertrain CVT Warranty Extension to 10 yrs/100K miles.

I got the Manager down to his “final lowest” of $2,250 (price with tax) for the 10yr/100k/$100 Deductible. After signing, I saw posts on the forums and got a quote from Dave at Mastria in MA. $1,570 for the same plan (and $1,750 for a $0 Deductible). I hadn't known there was a $0 deductible for slightly more, a 10 interest-free credit card payment option, or that the price differed —and so greatly!— from dealer to dealer. And yes, I feel like a dumbass. 

It’s almost 3 weeks past the 3yr/36K expiration, so I can’t cancel my plan and get the better plan/price. I’m debating whether to see if SOA will convert my plan to $0 Deductible & lower price or whether to just cancel it and put the $2,250 into an interest-bearing account for future repairs. 

Opinions on what to do would be appreciated. TIA