Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Seeing Ghosts - 2010 Honda Insight EX Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited March 2019 in Honda

imageSeeing Ghosts - 2010 Honda Insight EX Long-Term Road Test

We lived with the 2010 Honda Insight EX for a year. Read all about our daily driving experiences in our long-term road test.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Bluebird15Bluebird15 Member Posts: 1
    I have no problems with blind spots at all.

It's a phenomenal car. I bought mine new in 2009 and it is now 2019 and it is coming up on its 10 year anniversary in November. I will take this car when ice is predicted over the 2016 Honda CRV that I bought.
    The CRV slid over into the opposite lane one day not going fast, but had to be black ice. My Insight has better control, so I will opt for that over the AWD CRV anyday especially when icy conditions are in the forecast.

I have 127,000 miles on it and do a combination of city/highway driving 50 minutes one way to work 5 days a week.

I have had 4 deer hit into me, the last one almost totaled the car when it slammed into the front passenger side door one dark morning around 6:30. The only under-the-hood damage was a bent radiator support. That deer came at me full throttle not in my headlights at all. No side door needed replaced and the side airbags did not deploy, did not need to deploy.
    Other than shaken up from the high impact, I was safe.
    It has a 5 star rating in reliability and safety and in my book, I am turning in my 2016 CRV, as it is coming up on end of lease time in September. I feel safer in my Lil Blue Insight. :0)