Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!





Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Electrical - 2012 Kia Soul

BarnieABarnieA Reserve, NMPosts: 2
edited May 2019 in Kia
Internal/external lights flash on/off intermittently on my 2012 Kia Soul. I was told it was the FOB and if the battery was low on the FOB it would do that. I replaced the batteries, took the FOB off entirely since it was an after factory addition by owner. I've noticed others complaining of the same issue. What can be done?

Answers

  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 9,403
    edited May 2019
    Did not using the aftermarket fob stop the intermittent flashing?
  • BarnieABarnieA Reserve, NMPosts: 2
    edited May 2019
    No it did not. I drove over 200 miles (one trip) with it flashing and clicking. Bumps momentarily stopped it but then started again. After doing some considerable investigative research on the Kia, I found that the car has some major issues primarily with quality, electronic inferiority possibly causing a fire and other related issues due to the wiring become overheated, etc. I've almost 100,000 miles on this vehicle and bought it second hand. I wish I'd done more research before purchasing it. It sounds like Kia grew a whole orchard of lemons with the production of their vehicles. Many recalls and class action lawsuits against them. Very sad discovery of a product. I was hoping this vehicle would alleviate some pressures of ever-increasing fuel prices and offer a dependable vehicle for a trip to visit family. It would appear not to be the case. Disappointed! Is Edmund's a certified Kia dealer? If so, there is an unresolved recall on my specific vehicle that is to be completed by a certified Kia dealer before the possibility of catalytic converter becoming overheated by faulty wiring. Your comment . . . ?
Sign In or Register to comment.