Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you currently drive a 2019 Ford Ranger and live in Michigan?
A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2005 PT Cruiser - No AC - Ideas Please

SmsmunozSmsmunoz MoPosts: 1
edited June 1 in Chrysler

Would anyone have thoughts on the next thing I should try trouble shooting on my cars AC?

I have a 2005 PT Cruiser not a turbo. 

Started with the heat AND AC not working. 

*Checked all fuses, high/low radiator relays, and the low pressure switch was replaced in the fall (that didn’t fix it then either)

*Thermostat was also replaced in the fall.

*Replaced the connector behind the AC/normal air switch because part of it was melted. 

*Checked freon level and it is good. 

*Radiator fan wasn’t kicking in on a cold start with AC turned on. Was going to replace the fan but when I went to unplug the fan there was no connector 🤦🏼‍♀️someone had wired it into the other wires (no connector there either) and a wire had come unplugged. Redid the connection and it works perfect (cold start, AC on the fan blows). 

*In the last three years the following has been replaced water pump, the timing belt, serpentine belt, radiator, and probably something else I’m forgetting.

*The heat works now but the AC is still won’t. 

*I can hear the compressor kicking in now. Before the fan was fixed it would kick on then right back off again. 

I would just continue to suck it up and roll the windows down but I need to take my Mom somewhere in a week and the heat won’t be good on her. I also can’t afford to take it to a shop. 

Thanks for any ideas you might have.