Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Does anyone make a short, stout truck (see details)

wheels29wheels29 Member Posts: 34
edited June 2019 in General
I just want a short, squarish, stout pick up truck. The trucks on the market are too long, too big.

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    edited June 2019
    How big is too big? Even the smallest of the trucks that are classified as "light trucks", Chevrolet Colorado/GMC Canyon, Ford Ranger, Nissan Frontier, Toyota Tacoma, arer pretty big. And short and squarish doesn't exactly describe those. Here's a photo of the Nissan Frontier King Cab. Standard length bed, king cab so the cabin is about as short as you'll find them now.

When I read "short, squarish" my mind went to the Ridgeline, but the couple of people I know who have them don't really think of or use them as pickups, even though it has a bed. It's squarish, but certainly not what I'd call small.

And to me, that's not a pickup either.

If you look at some older pickups, they may be smaller, but "squarish" never comes to mind when I think pickup

• Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,556
    unless you want an older standard cab short bed Ranger, I think a Frontier is probably the closest you will come.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,795
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • Options
    thanks The 2 door jeep renegade is the best example of short stout and squarish. It was a dumb quesiton because I know there is aren't any trucks that fit this bill. If I could have a Jeep renegade that had a small bed in back similar to the Subarua Baja than I would be set. But obviously it doesn't exist. Oh well. I just need a small bed to put groceries in. I don't like small trucks like they made in the 80s. I want somethng that is stout, and higher off the ground. For the record, the Nissan Frontier is such a hideously dated truck. I don't understand why anyone would buy one.
  • Options
    PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    It felt like it was going to be a difficult set of requirements to meet. Since you just want a place to put groceries in, have you thought about a hatchback?
  • Options
    I drive a Kia Soul. I would buy a Soul that was made into a two-seater, with the cargo area converted into an open bed. I like the Ridgeline, just wish it wasn't a four door.