Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently switched from a luxury sedan to a luxury SUV?
A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by 7/25 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Trouble starting after valve cover replaced

BrandonIsMyNameBrandonIsMyName NCPosts: 1
edited June 27 in BMW
2006 BMW 325i N52 Engine
147XXX miles

Parts used:
1. NGK (1208) ILZFR6D11 Laser Iridium Spark Plugs
2. MAHLE VS50533 valve cover gasket
3. Victor Reinz Valve Cover Screw Set
Repairs done:
Replaced spark plugs
Replaced valve cover gasket

Backstory:
The car started to idle roughly and hesitate while driving. Eventually I got a misfire in two cylinders.
When I went to replace the spark plugs I noticed cyl 1/3 had oil in the cylinder well. So, I changed the
valve cover gasket. However, I forgot to tighten the 3 middle 10mm bolts (22 bolts total) that held on the valve cover.
All bolts are 10Nm + 90deg
I tried to start the car before I realized the the bolts were loose. It would not crank. NOOOO!
After tightening the 3 bolts I left loose, I tried to crank again. No luck
I checked the spark plug cylinder wells and the valve cover to oil leaks - there was none.
I pulled out the spark plugs, and every one of them had what looked like oil/black residue on the electrodes, not the threads.
I cleaned all of them off, and tried to crank again - no luck
I pulled out the spark plugs again, and all of them had the same oil/black residue on them?

I'm assuming the problem cranking the car has to do with the spark plug electrodes having oil/residue on them - at least
that's my first guess.

Any help would be awesome!