Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

No fuel?

rclausrclaus michiganPosts: 1
edited June 28 in Dodge
My 2003 sprinter had the "black death" This was an inherited truck from a company we bought out. It worked for a few days and stopped. Of course.
Because repairs quoted was more than it was worth ($2500 for new injectors installed) i cleaned them myself and put in new copper injector seals myself for $30 and $50 of cleaning products. That said, i know enough to be dangerous, I am no wrench.
Because i needed to re-prime, i made an IV with a funnel and tube and connected to the input of the fuel filter up as high as possible. Worked great and fired right up. Problem solved i thought.
I reconnected the fuel line and it ran for about 2 minutes before it stalled and would not start again. Again i hooked up IV and it started fine as before.
My question is this, should the tank pump make noise when you first turn the key on? I dont hear it. Fuse is good, and nothing comes out of the line when it is running. I see very little on these pumps going bad and am hesitant to pull it unless i need to, not to mention the cost. Any other possibilities before i pull the tank?