Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Reduced Engine Power

cfdrivercfdriver Posts: 2
edited July 3 in Chevrolet
Hi. I drive a 2012 Chevy Impala with 84,000 miles. My drive time is usually uneventful. However, while on a trip last week, the check engine light came on with service stabilitrak, traction control, and engine power reduced messages. I could feel the car was not running with full power, but I was able to keep up the current speed. When I got to the next town I pulled over and dug out my manual. After a few minutes I started the car up, the messages were gone so I took off. That lasted a few minutes and they were back on. Still able to drive I crossed my fingers and made it the last 45 minutes to my destination.
I've done lots of troubleshooting on-line and found some real horror stories of cars just quitting while on the road. I also read lots of different ideas about what caused this to happen and how people fixed their cars. I have talked with a couple of my mechanic friends and I now have a throttle body ordered.
What I am wondering is this: How many of you that chose to keep your cars have had this reoccur again? And did anyone else who fixed it another way have it reoccur for them? I really like my car and it fits my needs well, but I am not interested in putting myself or anyone else in danger because of this issue. I hate car shopping, but I will do it if I need to. Thanks for any input you care to share.