Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Sputtering and Stalling

Rhonda21Rhonda21 Posts: 1
edited July 16 in Chevrolet
I have a 2011 Chevy Equinox that has engine problems which are very concerning (diesel-like start, rough idle, stalling, etc). I have received several diagnostics, and they have yet to "duplicate" the problem. The "problem" resulted in me and my 3 children being stalled on a major highway. What do you do when the mechanic can not "duplicate" the problem? I'm terrified to drive the vehicle, and I am scared to take my children around in it. Should I contact GM about a recall? What are my legal rights in this situation? Can someone please help. Accident waiting to happen

Comments

• haulthault Columbus OhioPosts: 129
    I have a 2014 Equinox w/2.4 engine. I regularly research symptoms and solutions. The most common repair for your issue is a "camshaft position actuator." I believe it is a simple plug in device on top side of engine. I would also replace spark plugs every 50,000 miles. Change oil every 4000 miles to slow down the internal engine problems the 2011's had. Good luck.