Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

New to Me SUV

dubski63dubski63 Posts: 2
edited August 30 in Audi
Hello everyone, I want to replace my 2000 Mercedes E320 Wagon with a larger SUV. I love my wagon, and have not had any issues with it, but with almost 250,000 miles, it is time for something a little newer. I really like the Q7 and the Mercedes GL, but after hearing about the nightmare mechanical issues with the GL, I might stay away. As far as the Q7 goes, is there a year to stay away from. I'm aware of tires and brakes needing to be replaced a lot, but aside from these two things, is there anything else I should be aware of. I'm leaning towards the 3.0T Sline Prestige. I'm thinking 2012 - 2014. Are these good years as far as reliability? We drive a lot, and I don't want anything happening on the road. I have always owned VWs, and my wife has a Touareg, but it is too small. I love the way the Q7 looks, and I like all of the features, I just worry about repair costs. Thanks for the advise, I really appreciate it.