Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Please help! Is my clutch slipping?

Renee234Renee234 Posts: 1
edited August 30 in Hyundai
About 2 and a half years ago I replaced my clutch, It ran great. A year later my mass air flow sensor went out (after getting the code) I replaced it, engine light went off and ran great. 6 months later engine light pops back on reading the same code, and then my clutch starts acting up. I could no longer shift. first starting my car, Id push the clutch all the way to the floor and it was almost impossible to put into gear. After warming up I was able to shift and drive from A to B.
I then pulled to slave valve, flushed the fluid, replaced the mass air flow sensor once again, and everything worked perfectly. Engine light gone. Everything seemed to be working perfectly, however, a couple weeks later my car would begin to bunny hop when taking off from a dead stop. almost like it didn't have power. I thought maybe my fuel pump was going out but then it stopped.
Now my clutch is only 2 years old, and I've replaced the mass air flow sensor twice. 5 days ago, engine light came back on. Code reads the same thing - bad sensor (again) and now its like my Tiburon has no power.
I give it gas and the rpm's shoot way up and there is no power, I can't gain any speed..
Im hoping it isn't my clutch slipping, that maybe something else might be happening. any ideas?