Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Why my engine exploded

cskicski West Springfield, VAPosts: 1,575
edited October 20 in Kia
It's stopped running due to a factory defect. The defect was friction. There were no symptoms prior to the engine shutting off and that was it. The one thing I always hated about the 2.4 l engine is that when it started after leaving it for 2 days it sounded like something with scraping inside and the valves had no oil whatsoever. There were copious amounts of metal shavings in the oil Pan so the engine aid itself. With the addition of mobile one and a friction modifier it no longer makes the nasty noise during start up and I no longer hear the valves. It starts like a Honda it runs like a Honda and it's quite a bit quicker when using premium unleaded which I use all the time now. The engine only has 3000 miles on it and I'm way better off. Again there was no warning it just stopped. There were metal shavings in the oil Pan galore. The engine literally ate itself alive. So no more free oil changes at the dealer

Chris Skalski: Network Engineer 2012 Kia Optima EX