Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Suzuki SX4 Prices Paid

124»

Comments

• kmaxine04kmaxine04 Member Posts: 18
    I have an 07, and my stereo went out.. I had to pretty much lay upside down in the front seat my head in the floor board and my feet in the air (im only 5 foot) its a very small box and it takes the mini fuses like the suzuki motorcycles. The box is there i think its up higher than the book and it doesn't look like a normal fuse box (comparing it w/ my ford contour and mits mirage) I can't remember but i dont think a fuse puller is in the box either like my other cars.
  • wizkid98053wizkid98053 Member Posts: 7
    Any idea on availability of 2010 Suzuki SX4?
    Any major changes that you forsee in new model?
    When did the 2009 became available?
  • mandi010mandi010 Member Posts: 1
    I honestly don't know anything about cars beside I wanted an AWD vehicle with the lowest price and best gas mileage possible. I have been following Edmunds tips on buying and negotiating. All said and done I purchased a new '09 AWD SX4A Hatchback-Technology Package for 17,400 in addition to a far trade and $1250 suzuki rebate. I felt like I was negotiating forever and was exhausted by the end of it.

Did I get a good deal?

Could it have been possible to get a better deal had I been more patient?

Also, I paid a bunch of additional fees in addition to the ones on the invoice. How do I know which ones are legit/unavoidable and which are bogus? :blush:
  • pkrochesternypkrochesterny Member Posts: 1
    Avoid Irondequoit Suzuki Rochester NY

The sales people do not want to show cars or be with you on a test drive (must sign demo contract). Sales people do not show up on the day for delivery( Salesperson, said "I not want to be here"). Mangers are liars about credit history, interest rates, terms and product. Mangers are liars about returning deposit. Finance people liars about best possible rate. No wants to ask questions about the car. Dealership not want to warranty option installed at dealership. Service department does not follow warranty agreement. Every person there very disorganize and unprofessional. No ones knows how to take a message or return a phone call. New cars have many miles on them. Interior of vehicles are very dirty and exteriors very dirty. Stay away from dealership.
  • terryg2terryg2 Member Posts: 1
    This past Sat. my wife and I bought a 2009 SX4 Crossover AWD manual transmission w/touring package. We paid $18700.00 out the door. Good buy? I don't know, but we sure are happy with the car. We drove it 80 miles one way home from the dealership after we took delivery Monday afternoon.

After much research and trying out other vehicles, we decided that this Suzuki would perhaps be the best vehicle for our money to pull behind our motorhome. We needed a vehicle that was light in weight, manual transmission, and was stated towable by the factory, so as not to void the warranty. The SX4 was right on. We also wanted 4WD or AWD for our future trips to Alaska and other places where it might be needed.

My first tank of gas we averaged 27.3 mpg. Very happy with that figure. After 400 miles, I am so impressed with this vivid red SX4 Crossover. This is a beautiful car, more so in my opinion than the all red mini cooper I once owned. More pep, more room, more storage, around the same mpg, and AWD, and less money.

We are happy.

Terry
  • david_waynedavid_wayne Member Posts: 8
    I negotiated a deal for my girlfriend, and after driving her car for a few days, I decided to get one for me. It took a little longer negotiating, but I got it for $17,157 -- out the door. I think my purchase price was $16,000 .... 09, sx4 wagon AWD, 5 speed, Grand Touring package ... floor mats and skid plate were the options, but they didn't matter to me. The dealer seems nice, but there are one or two issues with the car yet, but I think they will be resolved satisfactory to me. Ray Price Suzuki, Mt Pocono, PA.
  • treeyetreeye Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2012
    I'm in the market for the 2012 Suzuki SX4 premium AWD, MSRP is $18875( plus $745 shipping, $125 floor mat, and $130 for color). The Edmund invoice is $19132. The true invoice I calculated after rebate and hold back is $17566. The target price I calculated off the formula is $17845.

One local dealer's quote is $19093 (total price including tax and tag) with 2.84 APR, the other dealer 100miles away is $16586 (total price, same model,include tax and tags, verified)

just wondering why the other dealer offer the car for $980 cheaper than the true invoice, isn't the true invoice what they paid for the car?
  • ods2010ods2010 Member Posts: 12
    Did you buy ? How is the 2012 SX4 AWD ? what is real road milage you are getting ?
  • morin2morin2 Member Posts: 399
    edited March 2012
    www.fitzmall.com has 2012 SX-4 crossovers AWD manual 6-speeds for $15.8K - which includes destination charge.

I bought my 2011 AWD Crossover from them and would buy another. I have a long commute of 55 miles each way and it is nearly all rural highway at 55 to 60 mpg, so I'm usually in 5th gear, occasionally upshifting into 6th at 60mph when traffic allows. My last 4 fill-ups yielded calculated mpg of 32.7, 32.4, 30.6, 32.1 using FWD only. I coast and rarely use the brakes. I always exceed EPA estimates - even with lousy E10 fuel. My worst fuel economy was a calculated 29.2 in snow using AWD. I have gotten as high as 35.7 on long interstate trips using ethanol-free gas (see: www.pure-gas.org).

After 9K miles, I like the car, although the manual trans is not the most crisp in the world.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    “I don't think it's a big surprise given their lackluster sales performance of recent years. They have have low margin, low-priced cars with small volume. That's far from the ideal combination,” said Jessica Caldwell, an analyst with auto information company Edmunds.com.

The good news:

"Suzuki said it will continue to honor warranties and will provide automobile parts and service through its parts and service dealer network."

American Suzuki to file for bankruptcy, end U.S. auto sales (LA Times)
  • zythrzythr Member Posts: 1
    There are good deals to be had on the SX4s still left.