Parasitic Power Draw

seabooseaboo Member Posts: 1
edited December 2019 in Hyundai
I have replaced the alternator and confirmed that it is working (13,6 volts), the battery has been tested by the supplier and is 100%. I have done the amp meter test removing fuses to find the amp drop (Multimeter reading 3.62 amps) but did not detect the fautl. The battery is still draing over night. There is a tracking systum installed but I don't know if it is connected to a fuse. Please help.

Comments

• thecardoc3thecardoc3 Member Posts: 5,463
    How accurate is your meter? .1% or .05%? Does your millivolt scale display at least two digits to the right of the decimal point? ( 0.XX which means in the microvolt scale)

If so then don't use amperage to locate the draw, measure the voltage drops across the fuses. A fuse is a resistor, if there is current flowing through it there will be a voltage drop across it. You can practice this with the dome light fuse. Going with a 10amp fuse and approximately 750ma draw you would see 5.8millivolt across that fuse. To test the fuses in the car you will need to disable the door jam switches so you can get in and out of the car without the body computer waking up or courtesy lights coming on. Once you identify the affected ciruit let me know which one it is and I can then give you the next step.