Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Vibration When Braking

SteveTMVCASteveTMVCA Member Posts: 1
edited February 2020 in Nissan
Had vibration when braking, mechanic did rotor/brake job, but vibration persists. He is thinking it may have something to do with the hybrid regeneration system. He is feeling the vibration more at the time while braking almost to the stop where the electric kicks in. Any thoughts appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    thecardoc3thecardoc3 Member Posts: 5,747
    The Hybrid system in the Altima is all Toyota and "B" mode uses the regnerative system to slow the vehicle without any use of the basic brakes system. Shifting into Neutral and stopping causes the system to use 100% of the base brakes system and none of the regenerative side. Taking the car to a safe place to test, I would have to perform a few stopping events using these controls to see when the symptom is there and when it is not. This is something that would be done with a scan tool connected and braking and regenerative data would be recorded to be analyzed back in the shop. I do not reccomend that you try to do this, just share the explanation with the shop who is trying to assist you with your car.
  • Options
    RicardowelchRicardowelch Member Posts: 15

Had vibration when braking, mechanic did rotor/brake job, but vibration persists. He is thinking it may have something to do with the hybrid regeneration system. He is feeling the vibration more at the time while braking almost to the stop where the electric kicks in. Visit AutoGuysLand to review car wont go into gear if you concern. Any thoughts appreciated.

It can be caused by “out of round” brake rotors or another common issue is brake caliper sticks on. Thinking of this and check it one more time.
  • Options
    rickdonrickdon Member Posts: 123
    I experienced the same issue but on my Dodge Neon. The mechanic told me that my rotors are warped so I bought replacement ones from 4wheelonline. I was told also that a frozen caliper slide pin can cause vibration.