Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Steering Column Rattle

Mar31224123Mar31224123 Member Posts: 1
edited May 2020 in Toyota
Hello, so I have a 2016 Camry 2.5 SE it has this rattling noise that sounds like it is coming from under the dashboard. I took apart the driver side interior thinking it was a plastic rattle however, all I could find making the noise is the steering column when changing the direction of the wheels. The noise it makes sounds like a clicking sound, it only makes it when driving on bumps and braking down hill, meaning it only does it when the car is vibrating. Any ideas could it be the power steering?

Comments

• Options
    RicardowelchRicardowelch Member Posts: 15

Hello, so I have a 2016 Camry 2.5 SE it has this rattling noise that sounds like it is coming from under the dashboard. I took apart the driver side interior thinking it was a plastic rattle however, all I could find making the noise is the steering column when changing the direction of the wheels. If you concern about what rpm should my car be at, just visit AutoGuyLand to get more info. The noise it makes sounds like a clicking sound, it only makes it when driving on bumps and braking down hill, meaning it only does it when the car is vibrating. Any ideas could it be the power steering?

I read somewhere that they fixed it was to add lubricant to the intermediate steering shaft and sprayed WD40 into the splines on the shaft , the problem has not come back. You can try. Good luck