Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Leftover 2005 Bonnevilles

mitsurobmitsurob Member Posts: 38
edited June 2014 in Pontiac
I ran across on Pontiac's web site several "new" 2005 bonneville GXPs for sale. I called a dealer (~200miles away) and asked for the best deal. On a sticker of just over $38,000 they said the out the door price is $30,750. Is this a good deal or would they have more room to negotiate?
Any thoughts on buying a "new" 2005 leftover.
I always liked the GXP and this one has only 144 miles on the clock.

Comments

• Options
    bryanbryan Member Posts: 198
    I have an '04 GXP and I am enjoying the car immensely. My car was less than 24 hours off the truck before I purchased it (6 miles on the odo). It has every option except the 6-cd changer and the heated engine block. Stickered close to the one you are describing IIRC.

At the time I bought, May '04, Pontiac had $5k rebate on all Bonnys. Coupled with a $3k reduction off the MSRP sticker, and a GM bonus certificate for $1K, I had pretty much the same deal as what it seems to be for you now.

Only issue in 2 plus years has been with the Auto A/C, and the dealer was finally able replicate the problem and found a faulty relay switch. Oh, and a rattle in the sunroof headliner area, which was also corrected. Otherwise, the car has been a blast to drive. I get about 25 mpg on the highway, as long as I don't keep my foot in it.

One small annoyance is the brake dust and the rusty rotors. Weekly car washes seem to take care of that for me. Good luck and let us know if you make the purchase, and more importantly, how you like the car.
  • Options
    imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,154
    Re the Auto AC, which relay was giving a problem?

For the brake dust... do you have wheels that are chromed? I find keeping mine waxed with chrome wax helps keep the buildup of grey dust in my case--this car seems to have pads that are like ceramics in that the brake dust is gray instead of black. That could be a cure for yours--ceramics?

Also I saw a DuPont wheel treatment that had teflon to help repel brake dust at Walmart. No idea if that would work or was just smoke andd mirrors.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• Options
    cfazzaricfazzari Member Posts: 77
    I had a similar situation in 1995 with a brand new 1993 Lincoln Mark VIII. In a rare fit of fiscal sanity, I walked away from it (and still regret my sanity until today).

I think the best way to handle this is to look it up at kbb.com - it shjows the GXP with 1000 miles on the clock would be Retailing for about 24,655. Private Party is around $19,000, Trade-In is (Yikes) $17,000. So maybe add $1000 to the Retail Price for other details (the car IS really new, after all). Offer the guy $26,000 - the worst he can do is say "No". If he has a choice, I'm sure he'd like to get that car off of his lot. ;)
  • Options
    bryanbryan Member Posts: 198
    Clueless on which relay. Because it was the 4th attempt to repair, I told the lead service guy and the dealer's GM that I would leave the car for the A/C tech to use it to commute to/from work until the condition could be replicated. On his way to work on the third morning he had the car, the Auto A/C malfunctioned while the sensor was plugged in, a code came up and that helped the service tech diagnose and make the proper repair. I was also told the service tech noticed some wiring was being pinched and the he rerouted that so it was no longer pinched.

On the GXP, the wheels are matte finished, rather than chrome. One solution I have been told works is to go ceramic. The dust doesn't bother me enough to spend $$$ until the pads would need replacement.
  • Options
    joesmith5joesmith5 Member Posts: 8
    Question for you. I have an 05 GXP and my pass mirror goes down when i put it in reverse. This is so i can see the curb i guess. I dont have curbs and would like to back up without this happening. Is there something i can do to stop this.
This discussion has been closed.