Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Peeling Paint

dobimomdobimom Member Posts: 1
edited June 2020 in Toyota
Toyota has recently sent letters to certain Toyota owners about fixing peeling paint. They have had problems with blizzard pearl and super white. They have left out Sequoia owners and highlander owners. I have a 2012 with 51,000 miles. 2wks ago my paint started peeling off. I have had 3 phone calls with Toyota and they said Sequoia is not on the list. All of the Sequoia owners I have found are peeling pretty much in the same places. If the cars they are fixing range from 2008 to 2019 stands to reason it's the paint and not specific vehicles. I would just like to inform Toyota Sequoia owners who have paint problems to please get in touch with Toyota corporate. Maybe the more Sequoia complaints they get the more they will help us. Planned on this being my last car and now my trade in value is lowered by thousands.

Comments

• Samuel39Samuel39 Member Posts: 3
    I hope you get some help from the dealer. Or from other who has the same issue.
  • miamiman55miamiman55 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2013 RX 350 with 40.000 miles. My cargo door near the window has the same blizzard pearl white paint that's peeling. I showed it to the Lexus collision center and was told back in the beginning of March a request would be submitted to the manager. It is now July, I have submitted three NEW request for the same issue and I'm still waiting for a response.
  • rickdonrickdon Member Posts: 123
    Check your warranty book to know if it is covered by warranty.