Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Dodge Caliber Audio & Entertainment System Questions

PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
From AM/FM to ipods, discuss any questions about your audio and entertainment system here.

Comments

• clockmakerclockmaker Member Posts: 9
    I forgot, the stock stereo on all calibers has the auxillary (MP3) audio jack. I think upgrading the stereo is foolish because the other available stereos do not have this jack. For the $300+ it takes to upgrade the stereo you can buy a really good MP3 player to plug into the stock system and have far more music than what you can put into a 6 cd changer. And then you don't have the hassle of dealing with the discs as well. I say keep the stock stereo and add the Musicgate system.
  • katiescaliberkatiescaliber Member Posts: 45
    Clockmaker, thank you for your reply! I agree 100% about the stereo thing. I don't need a 6 disc CD changer because I probably only own 6 CDs now plus ALL my music is on my mp3 player! The salesman was trying to say though that the standard radio doesn't have the capability to hook up the mp3 player but he is wrong. I called the Chrysler helpline just to make sure and I was right.

Thanks for the advice on the interest rates. He keeps saying their rates are the same as any bank but I'm going to check with my bank now just to make sure! ;)
  • katiescaliberkatiescaliber Member Posts: 45
    The Caliber I ordered has the base stereo with the aux jack.

I would like to hook up my mp3 player while it rests in the ipod holster.

Do you think 24 inches of stereo cable will be long enough?

Thanks!
  • lovingmycalilovingmycali Member Posts: 1
    I am wondering if anyone knows what kind of stereo will fit in my caliber? I really want a new one and I noticed it has cut outs for the knobs for the stock radio which makes it look almost impossible to get a custom one??

Maybe I am in the wrong area for this but this is the first thing that popped up when I googled... Thanks in advance!

Casey :blush:
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    You might want to take a look at the Sonic Boom, 2006: The Latest in Aftermarket Audio article over on Inside Line.
  • albert525albert525 Member Posts: 9
    Crutchfield has an adapter kit. They are helpfull, give them a call, or use web chat on their site. You will need mutiple adapters, but they can help.
  • pgiddpgidd Member Posts: 1
    I'm considering a caliber and I want to know from someone who maybe by some odd chance has the car with the same stereo config as I ordered. I want a stereo with satellite radio and the aux jack. But one of the cool things about satellite radio is the on screen display with the song title and artist, and the base model radio, as far as I've seen from the pics, only has a numerical display. So when I order the satellite radio unit with the base model stereo, does it tune in the channels without the digital information, or does it update to a model with a different display and no aux jack. Or can I have the best of both worlds? :confuse:
  • caliberwoescaliberwoes Member Posts: 3
    my car stereo quit working on the right side of the vehicle took door apart no broken wires from door to deck any clues to what it may be

also my rear wiper decides on it's own when to work
This discussion has been closed.