Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buy or not: Jetta SE 2017

carenthousiast10carenthousiast10 Posts: 1
edited October 2020 in Volkswagen
I am going to be out of college next year and moving coast to coast. I am contemplating buying a black jetta SE with 25k miles, leather interior for $10k. It has no issues as I know the buyer, it's in great condition.

What are your thoughts? Is 10k too much for a first car?

Comments

• stickguystickguy Posts: 40,301
    not if you have the money available. That is actually a very smart price/age/mileage combo for a first car like that. Not terribly expensive, but still new enough to be reliable for a long time. Plus has all the modern comfort and safety tech features.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Posts: 16,861
    Edmunds has a valuation tool which can tell you what the private party market value is for that car.

Knowing the buyer is not a guarantee that the car has no issues. I would recommend that you have a mechanic put a scanner on it. When it comes to used cars I wouldn’t trust my own grandma.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2004 Chevy Van, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible