Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Local Independent Auto Service Shops

sct75sct75 Member Posts: 19
edited March 2014 in Subaru
All,

I am in MD and would like to hear and learn from Subaru Forester owners where they'd find good mechanics to serve their vehicles.

Hopefully tips shared in this discussion may benefit others as well.

Many thanks.

Comments

• terry92270terry92270 Member Posts: 1,247
    This is a great idea!
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Let's see...I do mechanic repairs and maintenance myself.

But I can recommend a body shop - the one at Fitzgerald Subaru. They did a fantastic job with our Legacy, blended it right in. So good in fact that I don't recall where the damage even happened.

-juice
  • sct75sct75 Member Posts: 19
    Thank you, ateixeira/Juice, for the information.

I saw a lot of your valuable posts in Subaru forums. Welcome!

Additionally, I just wonder what experience people have for regular maintenance, such as oil change, brake change, etc.

I notice that on top of Forester engine, it has several small pipes. I am just curious how to protect them from being rusty, and what they are for, etc.

Thank you.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Search for Scooby and Mods, you'll find a good resource. I can't link directly to it per Edmunds rules.

-juice
  • tblatbla Member Posts: 1
    I'm in Bucks Co PA, above Philly. Does anyone know of a independent repair shop for Subies by me? This is a great thread and site, I hope it's faily active

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.