Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Subaru Impreza Accesories & Modifications

2»

Comments

• Options
    blacksti666blacksti666 Member Posts: 4
    anybody got some used performance parts let me know i may take em from ya depending what it is thanks.
  • Options
    briannibrianni Member Posts: 1
    Does a Prodrive back box from a 1998 saloon fit a 2002 WRX saloon
  • Options
    jN34jN34 Member Posts: 2
  • Options
    jN34jN34 Member Posts: 2
    I was just curious for a good nice sound, which exhaust u guys think would be best for my RS, i was looking at a Apexi N1 ExTi Universal Exhaust 60mm(or80mm?) Pipe 115mm Tip and a Blitz Nur-Spec Universal Muffler 70mm(or80mm?), if u think one of these would be better then the other let me know or if you have any other suggestions.

apexi - http://www.raceinspired.com/ps-3167-66-apexi-n1-exti-universal-universal.aspx

blitz - http://www.raceinspired.com/ps-9899-66-blitz-nur-spec-universal-muffler-70mm.asp- x
  • Options
    subysubsubysub Member Posts: 6
    I bought a base model impreza and want to add the fog lights on my own since the dealer charges almost $400 for them.

Can anyone help me out on the best place to find them aftermarket? And how difficult they will be to install on my own.

Thank You, I love my suby!
  • Options
    nippononlynippononly Member Posts: 12,555
    I would be curious to know if anyone out there has taken a non-WRX Impreza, and added the rear sway from the WRX. If so, did you need to change out any of the rest of the suspension or the front sway, and did the dealer make a fuss about it for any reason like warranty?

My car as noted is an '09 OBS.

2014 Mini Cooper (stick shift of course), 2016 Camry hybrid, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (keeping the stick alive)

• Options
    paisanpaisan Member Posts: 21,181
    You should be able to bolt on the WRX RSB w/o a problem. FSB will not work due to a different cross-member.

-mike
    Subaru Guru and Track Instructor
  • Options
    l8apx3l8apx3 Member Posts: 5
    I'd recently traded in my 2002 WRX Wagon. :( I forgot to put the crossbars in the trunk when I turned in the car. The'y are available for free to whoever wants them. All I ask is for you to pay shipping charges if you're not local to NJ.

Geoff
  • Options
    dustin6608dustin6608 Member Posts: 1
    Hello! I own a 2006 Impreza 2.5i and am making some minor changes to it. I just purchased the Weapon-R Secret intake and am looking into getting a muffler. I don't want to spend the money on an entire cat back exhaust because I should be getting a better performing car soon (hopefully a WRX). If you could give me some personal reviews and opinions of mufflers that any of you have purchased it would help me out a ton. Obviously I'm looking for performance and sound, but in the case of just a 2.5i, sound probably outweighs performance (I want something deeper, definitely not something that sounds like a weed whacker). Thanks!
  • Options
    rocktheroorocktheroo Member Posts: 1
    Hey,

If you still have those, do you know if they will fit a 2009 Impreza Hatchback? I got the base model and it has no racks and if they fit i would be all over this if you still have them.

Pics also please

thanks,

Eric
  • Options
    l8apx3l8apx3 Member Posts: 5
    I don't think so Eric. Model Year 2009 was after the body style change.

G.M.
  • Options
    vickatvickat Member Posts: 43
    Hi,
    I'm coming off Acura RSX.
    I'm in the market for '11 Impreza hatch, non-turbo.
    test-drove one, and it didn't feel composed, steering a a bit vague.
    I'm considering strut tower brace and rear sway bar, which would have to be adopted from WRX.
    would these 2 mods help with handling?

many a thank,
    Vic
  • Options
    paisanpaisan Member Posts: 21,181
    Well personally I wouldn't do the strut tower bar, it's essentially useless on these cars due to their construction. The sway bar will help out a bit.

I would do the Whiteline Steering Rack Bushings along with whiteline rear swaybar w/kartboy endlinks. After that look into possibly doing other whiteline bushings they will help tighten it up.

-mike
    Subaru Guru and Track Instructor
  • Options
    vickatvickat Member Posts: 43
    OK, thanks, will do that - Vic
This discussion has been closed.