Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2017 honda accord third brake light does not work. no mention of the issue online

2017acrd2017acrd Member Posts: 1
edited December 2020 in Honda
i have scoured the internet but can't find anything about this issue (except that the bulb is a led assembly). does anyone have any insight on what the issue might be in the third brake light does not light up when the brake is depressed but the other brake lights do? i looked at the fuses but i think that is shared with the other brake lights. thanks in advance.

Comments

• cynthiabellcynthiabell Member Posts: 1
    edited March 17
    2017acrd said:

@ geometry dash scratch: i have scoured the internet but can't find anything about this issue (except that the bulb is a led assembly). does anyone have any insight on what the issue might be in the third brake light does not light up when the brake is depressed but the other brake lights do? i looked at the fuses but i think that is shared with the other brake lights. thanks in advance.

I think there may be an issue with the wiring or connector that connects the third brake light to the brake circuit. Over time, wiring can become damaged or loose, preventing the light from receiving power when the brake is depressed. Inspect the wiring harness and connector for any signs of damage, corrosion, or loose connections.