Options

Lincoln Mark LT Engine Problems

KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
The place to talk about your MLT's engine issues

kcram - Pickups Host

Comments

• Options
    briscobrisco Member Posts: 1
    MY 2007 LT ENGINE RUNS FINE AT HIGHWAY SPEEDS, HOWEVER, WHEN I SLOW DOWN TO AN IDLE TO PULL INTO A PARKING LOT, STOP AT A LIGHT ETC. THE ENGINE LOOSES POWER AND MAKES A LOUD CLATTERING NOISE. MOST OF THE TIME THIS STOPS AFTER 10-15 SECS. OR WHEN YOU ACCELERATE. IT DOES NOT HAPPEN ALL THE TIME AND THE ENGINE HAS NEVER COMPLETED STALLED OUT. MY LOCAL FORD DEALER IS STUMPED. I HAVE EVEN TRIED DIFFERENT FUELS TO NO AVAIL. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY OPINIONS OF WHAT IT GOING ON?
  • Options
    oldfordmecholdfordmech Member Posts: 124
    I had a coil pack that would break down under a load.. Ford found this with their
    computer tester. This was on my Mark LT, w/ about 30,000 mi. at the time.

You have 8 of these coil packs, 1 on top of each plug.
  • Options
    lincolnmarkltlincolnmarklt Member Posts: 1
    hi i have a 2006 lincoln mark lt an has about 42000 miles on now i lease it for 3 yrs than bought it 3/14/10 an love the truck. my problem is it was makin a noise on last oil change so gas staion say u should hv engine cked. but i didnt know i had a servere problem with engine so i drove another 2000 miles but clicking noise got worse when i started so i brought to dealer now my 5yr powertrain warrenty is up in oct 2011 they said there was sludge in gine so i produced reciepts of oil changes an i went on vacation an before i left dealer said all fine they will fix engine that im covered 2 weeks later im in europe they call me to say ford denied it because i didnt take care of an there was sludge now im lost here i tryed lemon law no good now its in with d.a. office an now im realy in need of truck for business its 2mo now so i am ready to pay alomost 5000 engine an plus labor 2900 what should i do here im just at my end here im fighting a giant (ford) please help my vin # is 5ltpw185x6fj24508 an the dealer is syossett ford ny
  • Options
    silverbullet62silverbullet62 Member Posts: 1

I have an 08 Lincoln Mark LT with 60,000 miles....It stopped running on the highway at 60 mph. I had no power most of the dashboard lights came on, (battery, low oil pressure, etc) I pulled over and after 5 minutes, it started back up. I took it to my mechanic, he could not find anything wrong, nor could he find anything in the history...years ago, there was a problem with the catalytic converter, but that does not really fit this problem. Any suggestions?