Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you in the market for a new car and having a hard time finding affordable options? A reporter would like to speak with you; please reach out to [email protected] by 2/26 for more details.

Dealer Lease vs AutoBroker Lease Nissan Rouge 2021 AWD S

freckles13freckles13 Posts: 7
edited January 20 in Nissan
NYC Dealer Lease-$299 a month-$3500 down payment-1st payment $299,Cap cost reduct-$1495,tax $1373, Reg fee $334,,says bank fee incl in lease payment price $18 a month. Auto Lease Broker-$299 a month. Zero down due at signing-1st month $299, bank fee $650, Reg fee-$350, tax $1321. Total due at signing $2620.

Seems Auto Lease Broker better deal. Any comments about "deals" or dealing with Auto Lease Broker would be appreciated.

Comments

• tjc78tjc78 South JerseyPosts: 11,649
    I’ve never worked with Auto Lease Broker before but on my last lease I worked with a different one found on a leasing website.

It was a pretty easy transaction. Paid his fee once he showed me the exact unit (dealer website) and from there he sent my information to the dealer and I finished the transaction with them (credit app, etc).

It’s a good way to get a solid deal with little legwork. On my previous lease I duplicated the broker deal minus fee so I came out ahead (but it took dozens of email quotes and negotiations to get there). On this one I was having trouble getting the broker deal direct plus the broker’s car was the exact spec I wanted.

Any other questions, let me know.

2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum / 2019 Volvo S60 T6 Inscription

• nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 14,505
    I leased my current 2019 Tacoma through a broker. Yes you are paying someone to shop for you. The broker’s deal was $100 per month cheaper than the local dealer’s price. The process was so easy that it felt like I was cheating.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2017 Pilot Touring AWD, 2019 Tacoma TRD Sport 4WD

• dad23dad23 ColoradoPosts: 575
    edited January 21
    I just leased a 2021 Tacoma from a broker last week. As @nyccarguy said, they don't work for free, although I sent him the stock # from the dealer so his effort was minimal. They do charge a fee, but it was much less than the $499-$599 D&H and other fees the dealer was charging. I was able to still take advantage of the rebate from Toyota, but went through a credit union that had the same residual value, but a lower money factor making it about 1.5% less. I had driven one before contacting the broker, so our dealings were 100% over email, set an appointment to pick it up and was in and out in less than 30 minutes.