Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

front brake wont release

downtown_slim1downtown_slim1 Member Posts: 2
edited February 2021 in GMC
2006 GMC SERRIA 1500 SLE 4 DOOR FRONT DISK REAR DRUM BRAKES. PASSENGER SIDE FRONT BRAKES LOCKING UP . AFTER APPLIYING BRAKES.
REPLACED ABS CONTROL MODULE ( DID NOT FIX) NEW ROTOR, CALIPER , BRAKE PADS. INSPECTED FLEXABLE BRAKE LINE NO PROBLEM MASTER CYLENDER SEEMS OK ????

Answers

• docjdocj Member Posts: 6
    Flexible lines collapse internally. They can appear fine on the outside. They collapse internally, allowing fluid to pass thru but not return. Most likely the culprit.
    Best thing to do is when it locks up, Crack open the bleeder, if it stays locked, caliper is bad, if it frees up, brake hose. Since you replaced caliper already, odds are its ok and its the hose. I have had the caliper brackets be all crapped up inside causing the slide pins to not float.i always either replace the brackets as well when doing a brake job or clean the holes really well and lube them. I trust you cleaned and lubed the slides correctly.