Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

My stereo and brake lights stay on when I turn off the car

Sam_____Sam_____ Member Posts: 1
edited February 2021 in Mazda
No matter where I turn the key my stereo and brake lights stay on, so I have to disconnect the battery everytime I park. The stereo beeps when I press buttons but doesn't play music until I turn off the car. After turning off the car, my brake lights will still turn on if I press the brakes. If you know how to fix the issue, or have any info on it that would be great!

I have a 1994 Mazda B4000 4x4

Answers

• thecardoc3thecardoc3 Member Posts: 5,742
    The brake lights share the same power supply as the 4way flashers and are hot all of the time so they can turn on anytime the pedal is depressed. Double check the lights and see if the intensity (brightness) changes when the pedal is applied, you might not actually be seeing the "brake lights".
    Sam_____ said:

The stereo beeps when I press buttons but doesn't play music until I turn off the car.

Does this mean the stereo plays normally when the car is turned off, but does not play when the car is on?