Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently purchased a new minivan? A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by July 2 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Caravan/Voyager Accessories & Modifications

jerrycarijerrycari Posts: 3
edited March 2014 in Chrysler
I need a hitch for my van, for simply attaching a bicycle carrier. The hitch needs to have either 1 1/4 or 2" opening. Any ideas for a good one? Very preferably, it will be fairly lightweight.

Comments

• I want to change the car seats ,floor and ceilings with persian, hippie modern designs, any suggestions? :) :shades:
  • I have heavily modified my 94 voyager. it now has a 3.0 DOHC v6 twin turbo from a mitsubishi 3000 gt vr4. it is rated at over 300+hp. now that i have completed the drivetrain mods, i am trying to find the "convert-a-bed" rear seat to replace my original rear. i have found that this option was very rarely ordered, and it is hard to find used once (actually impossible so far). does anyone out there know of a company that sells these or if not the whole seat, a conversion kit to convert my original seat? I have loads of fun "destroying" the competition with a voyager. It is the ultimate embarassment to get your butt whooped by a minivan, especially when your driving a corvette. (i've done this twice so far). but i also use this van to camp and travel. any help would be appreciated!!!
  • The best modification chrysler could make would be to add MB's 320 CDI diesel engine.........This would be the best of both worlds.
  • I have a Chrysler Grand Voyager 3.3 V6 A.W.D (Town & County in the U.S) I have fitted a new drive belt for the auxiliaries but have found the tensioner is loose forcing the belt to misalign itself on the pulleys. How do I remove the tensioner from the engine?
  • tpereztperez Posts: 1
    Does anyone know where I can find custom accessories for a 1989 Dodge Caravan?...like headlight covers and other cool stuff?
  • jpfjpf Posts: 496
    Try J.C. Whitney. Good luck.
  • Recently I purchased a Dodge Caravan SE, without a roof rack. I think I would like to have one now, but don't know how to go about it. Any suggestions? Also, I am wondering if putting a rack on will greatly increase the chances of water leakage. By the way, what I want to do is haul a kayak.

Gerard
  • 98 Voyager SE 3.3l
    Flowmaster Upgrade

link titlelink">
  • yakima.com

for roof rack for your van
  • pacosanpacosan Posts: 7
    I had a '97 Caravan I use to haul a kayak on it's roof rack (just bought a new '07).
    I use foam bumpers attached to roof rack cross members to rest my kayak and never had any problems or rack/kayak breakage (my kayak weights some 50# :cry: ).
    I don't think you will have any problems with water leakage, since rack mounts in roof channels designed for this.
    You may find a new OEM roof rack at DodgeParts.com, or better yet :) , you may get a lot cheaper OEM rack at your local junkyard.
    Hope this helps.
  • I had a similar problem on my 3.0 V6. The tensioner spring relaxed and the main belt started slipping. I bypassed the tensioner by removing the pulley an installing a 1/2" shorter belt.
    It worked fine... But be aware... Seen cases where too short a belt was used, inducing oil leakage at the crankshaft o-ring seal, cause the rubber o-ring have worn old, lost flexibility, hardening at the "relaxed" position. Also, this may happen with a new stronger OEM tensioner. It all depends on the car's age and your luck! But once this happens, you will have to replace the ring!!!
    I can only guess that a worn 3.3 develops less "give" at the crankshaft o-ring.
    Best of luck! :D
This discussion has been closed.