Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Veracruz News

2»

Comments

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    BOGO (buy one, get one) has hit Hyundai now. I've seen similar deals on Dodges but a dealer in the Colorado Springs area is offering two-fers on the Veracruz, Entourage and Santa Fe.

KKTC
  • worldrevolverworldrevolver Member Posts: 19
    Yes, the advertising for the veracruz is non-existent. It's truly baffling.

I bought mine solely because I walked to a pharmacy close to my business and it was parked outside. As I walked by I thought "wow that is a nice looking vehicle" then went inside. When I came back out I walked around the back of the car and was slightly stunned to see Hyundai. I went back to work and looked up the veracruz on the hyundai site, built my model and submitted it. From there it was a month to me owning the vehicle.

Hyundai can't bet on people buying the veracruz like I did because not everyone is going to walk by one serendipitously.

I think if people saw this car and were told just what it was it would sell like gangbusters.

When I drive it around I do get frequent check out looks at stop lights because it really is a nice looking vehicle.

I did see recently that the 09 lexus looks a whole lot like the veracruz.

http://www.autocult.com.au/img/gallery/full/CARmageddon1052.jpg
  • tiogatioga Member Posts: 1
    No agency in North America, Asia or Europe seems to have tested the Veracruz for roof strength in rollover situations (like the Insurance Institute tests, as opposed to simple likelihood of rollover based on weight, height, etc.). But can anything be determined about this from other Veracruz parameters (like design and materials comparison to other Hyundai products)? I'm considering buying a Veracruz, but often am on sideways-sloped dirt/mountain roads, so rollover strength questions are a bit of a live issue for me. I know that the Santa Fe and Sonata, for example, got increased roof strength in recent years, but as Veracruz seems like a dying product line for Hyundai, I'm wondering if it's an outdated product in terms of this. Thanks much for any insight.
    "This seven-passenger crossover SUV is Hyundai's replacement for the Veracruz, which will end production when this larger Santa Fe goes on sale in January 2013. The Santa Fe Sport goes on sale this September."

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Revealed in New York: Seven-Passenger Version Replaces Veracruz (Inside Line)

• 07cruz07cruz Member Posts: 2
    Nice car, but why would I pay a Veracruz price for a Santa Fe?
    Soon you won't be able to buy a new one at any price, although there's around 1800 new ones left on the lots around the US. You'd think the fire sales would have started.
  • 07cruz07cruz Member Posts: 2
    No problem. I'll just keep my 07 and save some money. They all look the same anyway.
This discussion has been closed.