It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
2013 and earlier Kia Optima Prices Paid and Buying Experience
Re-state of my post on the general Kia Optima board.
*2007 LX with appearance group
*Dealer installed leather (January 2-- we'll see but it looked OK in the showroom.
*Spoiler (who cares)
Chose the Optima over the Sonata because I'm not too crazy about the high-pressure local Hyundai dealer.
Good experience so far.
Compared to my Malibu Maxx ($100 less)--
1. Better handling than the Maxx with 50 series Michelins.
2. Four cylinder seems almost as quick as the 3.5 Maxx.
3. More stuff on the Maxx--power petals, better drivers information center, power seats.
4. Maxx seems bigger despite the Optima's roughly equal interior space. Think Optima puts it into more head room. Maxx seems a bit more comfortable to me.
5. Maxx should be cheaper on maintenance: no timing belt, cheaper tires, longer oil change intervals (roughly 7000 on dino. oil.
6. Like the looks of the Optima more and more. Better interior design. No goofy front-end clip of the pre-06 'Bu's.
I have 40K trouble free miles on 'Bu, only a couple of hundred on Optima. At this point, they're probably the two best cars I've ever had with my 01 Elantra a close third. Actually counting my beloved 88 Festiva, Korean cars count for three of the four best cars I've ever owned.