Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Who can identify this car and its current location?

autonarrautonarr Member Posts: 6
edited January 2022 in General
While researching the story of the Killinger and Friend 'Friedenstaube' FWD motorcycle I saw this photo.
The remains of the motorcycle are visible in the foreground. But what is the car in the background?
The photo may have been taken after 1968, based on other detailed photos of the motorcycle I found elsewhere. And the car probably looks older than the period (Art Deco) its shape is resembling. A one-off, a show room teaser? It sort of looks familiar (Chrysler design study?) but I cannot wrap my head around it, did not find any related pictures with Google's reverse search method.

Who knows more about this interesting car, its history and current location? What relationship exists between this car and the 1935 motorcycle with its sensational 3 rotary engine front wheel drive? Owned by the same collector?

Thanks for any hint or info!

Comments

• Options
    fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,174
    edited January 2022
    That car is the Hispano-Suiza H6B Dubonnet Xenia

Per the link, it still exists in private ownership and shows up at So Cal museums.
  • Options
    autonarrautonarr Member Posts: 6
    THANKS!
    So it is an original, not a later Art Deco style study. An amazing bodywork, later covered by some of the Chrysler showcars. After all Chrysler has a faible for Art Deco, see their NYC skyscraper..

Based on the WIKI history this Hispano Suiza must have been separated from the motorcycle 'Killinger' of the same year (1938) after the photograph was taken.
    When living in the USA I visited several car museums (NV, CA, MA, CO), saw many unique models at the Blackhawk (Danville) - sadly this one escaped me.
    Good detective work!