Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Bronco vs. Wrangler: A Battle for Off-Road Supremacy | Edmunds

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited April 2022 in General
imageBronco vs. Wrangler: A Battle for Off-Road Supremacy | Edmunds

We know the Jeep Wrangler and Ford Bronco are good at off-roading, but just how good? And which one prevails when we pit them against each other head-to-head?

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    C00P3RC00P3R Member Posts: 1
    Are you guys daft?!

You protest to compare to score vehicles on every aspect of the experience of "off road" vehicles. BUT you score things like fuel economy, acceleration -AND acceleration! WHO ARE YOU?! This is obviously a ploy to pad the short comings of a sub-par vehicle like the FORD BRONCO. Nobody who buys a vehicle like a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon buys it for acceleration, fuel economy, diesel performance, independent front suspension "lack" of performance, or what ever you people want to throw in there.
    Listen man, Jeep is an enthusiast vehicle. It isn't purchased like a Ford Bronco - just because some nobody like Travis says buy one. No, it's purchased because our fathers and their fathers bout them. It's because when we were 8 years old we learned to drive in one. It's because the Jeep has a front live axle - not an independent front suspension. WTF is an independent front suspension?! It isn't something you can run 40s on!!!!! That's what!

Travis writes an article about off-road prowess - and then says the Ford Bronco wins outright in the category of Onroad Comfort. What the F*ck, Travis?! You are a complete novice and have no right to write about the comparison of Jeep versus the subpar Ford Bronco.

What is wrong with you people?! YOU are what is wrong with the automotive industry today! You are why the automotive manufacturers are making cars that drive themselves. THAT, my friends, is a solution to a problem that NO BODY HAS EVER HAD.
  • Options
    HawachterHawachter Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2022
    I have the 2021wrangler unlimited sport edition with the 3.0L diesel and have gotten 37.5 mpg highway miles from Virginia to New Jersey. I’m so glad I did switch back from an SUV to a diesel. I wouldn’t trade anything for the vehicle.
    I didn’t go back to my normal F350 diesel because I wanted something I could maneuver in the woods in tight spots.
  • Options
    Superduty66Superduty66 Member Posts: 1
    Jeeps are junk, they have never been as good as a Bronco and never will be. I would put my old 91 or 95 against a cheep any day. Jeep to get the girls around town but that's about it.