Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Keep Audi Q5 or buy Honda Civic

bronationbronation Member Posts: 3
edited April 2022 in Audi
I have an AWD 2014 Q5 with 125K miles on it. I've had to sink about 10K into it for a couple of engine issues. I'm considering selling it (because of its issues so far) and buying a FWD 2013 Honda Civic with 65K miles on it for about $12,500.

On the one hand, I don't want ongoing costly issues. On the other hand, I'm wondering if I've kind of fixed the major issues with my current car, and why trade the car I know for one I don't.

What are your thoughts?
Tagged:

Comments

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,666
    edited April 2022
    With all respect you just sunk $10k into a miled up car with a propensity for expensive repairs as they age. It’s running good now but it was also running good before it cost you all that money. A Honda with 65k miles (half the mileage), on the other hand will probably be much cheaper to maintain.

The car you know cost you $10k, if the Honda gets a clean bill from a mechanic will probably cost you much less.

You have to decide if the reliability of the Honda is preferable to the fun of the Audi.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• bronationbronation Member Posts: 3
    I hear you, but at the same time this would probably be a second car, in which case it would probably take longer for the problems to show?
    Sounds like you really want to keep the Audi. Understandable but you have to realize this is an emotional decision, not a practical one.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• bronationbronation Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2022
    Actually my higher mind lobbed that at you in order to gather more evidence to quell my reptile brain. (Of course, the evidence is meant not for the reptile brain, but for the higher mind.) I'm going to buy the Honda. Thank you for the great advice.
    edited April 2022
    Of course you could buy a Civic Si to get the best of both worlds. Just throwing that out there. :)

Good luck with whatever you choose.