Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Chevrolet Bolt EUV vs. Tesla Model Y Comparison | Edmunds

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited December 2022 in General
imageChevrolet Bolt EUV vs. Tesla Model Y Comparison | Edmunds

With a recent price drop for the 2022 Chevrolet Bolt EUV, we examine whether this EV holds a candle to the Tesla Model Y. Click to watch the new video.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    eduardo33232eduardo33232 Member Posts: 2
    The Bolt has been around since 2017. The bugs are worked out. It' s virtually bullet proof. The nice thong is how light feeling and responsive it is and how the controls are intuitive. I plan on keeping mine for at least 15 years. I get over 5 miles per Kw hour in town.
  • Options
    Electro_DaveElectro_Dave Member Posts: 1
    I agree ... Bought our off-lease 2017 Bolt a little over 2 years ago, and it has been absolutely trouble free. The only problem we've has is with broken sun visors. Very well built and engineered; everything seems to have been designed thoughtfully. My only complaint is road noise, due, no doubt, to the need for keeping the weight down by minimizing noise insulation. I consider the Bolt to be a worthy successor to the old VW Bug!
  • Options
    BoltandteslaBoltandtesla Member Posts: 1

Well, you didn't mention that the Bolt doesn't have an awd option, nor that max charging speed is 55 kw vs Tesla at something around 250. I drive my Bolt around town to keep miles low on the Tesla. The Bolt is zippy and really fun to drive, but... Road trips in the Tesla are vastly superior due to reliable (hope you're listening ccs charging companies) supercharger network and (relatively) cheap ccs adapter.