Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volkswagen Touareg Suggested Improvements and Options

herf1herf1 Member Posts: 2
edited April 2014 in Volkswagen
I am working on a special project for an interview with VWoA, they asked me to do this and present in my interview. I have to do research, a proposal and an execution of this project. The project is for a Special Edition of a mid size SUV, where I would propose vehicle options and why I chose these features. Since I have to justify my choices I thought that asking current Touareg owners would be the best way to get feedback.
What I need from this forum is your advise as to what options would you like to see in a Touareg Special Edition, anything you have in mind.
Please help me fulfill my life long dream of working for VW.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments

• tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    I would propose vehicle options and why I chose these features

What options would you propose?

tidester, host
  • tayl0rdtayl0rd Member Posts: 1,926
    One lacking option that comes immediately to mind is the availability of satellite radio, in particular Sirius. That is the major thing that makes me pause on the purchase of a Touareg. That and its spotty reliability and dismal dealer service. As silly as it sounds, though, if they offered Sirius, I would take my chances with the reliability and service.
  • cat3126cat3126 Member Posts: 43
    Have a optional brand tire other than the 20k wear out Continentals.Door cup holders.
  • smalkinsmalkin Member Posts: 8
    Tell them to offer Owners of 2006 Touareg's w/ Navigation an affordable upgrade to the 2008 model Sirius Sat Radio Unit or a retrofit. They promised to have Sirius for the 2006 Model but never came through. Thanks
  • herf1herf1 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for your help!! I got the job!! My special edition was a Dakar Rally Edition, painted Silver and blue (like the race Touareg) with two tone blue and black seats, brushed aluminum inserts, skid plates, etc. Some of the advise I received I used in my special edition or I used it as feedback form owners.
  • feliciatwofeliciatwo Member Posts: 68
    Clean Diesel with a fold flat 2nd row seat ....to maximize function. Touareg isn't reliable enough for the price. I prefer a car I can rely on when i'm on a road trip in the middle of nowhere. Wouldn't take the Touareg on a road trip. Question is will the adorable Tiguan have enough of what I want.
  • novelnovel Member Posts: 1
    Is anyone out there had problems with the Touareg's Electronic Stabilization
    Program ? I've had wiper motor problems had it resolved, after having this problem
    corected by my dealership the ESP & Brake indicators contiues to
    light-up. Took it back to the dealership they tested it they went out for a couple of days and returned .
This discussion has been closed.