Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TSX Heated Seats

hd1903hd1903 Member Posts: 1
edited April 2014 in Acura
I have a 2004 Acura TSX with heated seats. The seats seem to work directly with the temperature setting for the interior temperature. For example, if the ineterior temperature is set high the seats will be hot. If the interior temp is set low the seats will be luke warm. In my opinion, these settings should be completely separate. Anyone else have this issue?

Comments

• SweetRiSweetRi Member Posts: 4
    Funny....i never paid attention actually....ill check it out and let you know :shades:
  • nj2pa2ncnj2pa2nc Member Posts: 811
    I emailed your question to a friend, who is a acura service manager. His answer was: They are completely separate. Only two settings-high and low. The switch determines the amount of voltage to the pad (in the seat). It would be difficult to have a resistor that would precisely gauge the amount of voltage to the seat i.e. 72 degrees as opposed to 78 degrees. It is possible that if you keep them on high to long it will go to the low setting by themselves.
    Need more help-his email is rexw@vinart.com
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    The high position is always too hot! Burns the buns!
  • nj2pa2ncnj2pa2nc Member Posts: 811
    stop driving around butt naked. (LOL)
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    lol, exactly right!! :blush:
This discussion has been closed.