Options

2017 LaCrosse Massage Seats

jdalabamajdalabama Member Posts: 3
edited July 2023 in Buick
2017 LaCrosse Premium. Front seat massaging seats standard. Problem is they don't seem to really do much of anything. Mild motion at lower spine level, that's it. Both driver and passenger seats. Does anybody know what they should do? Saw utube with drawing indicating 4 areas of massage, 2 top and 2 bottom, which moved in and out.. Mine not doing anything like that. Maybe, its and adjustment somewhere?

Also, should ventilated seats make a noise? I can barely feel any air flow with mine.

Comments

• Options
    thecardoc3thecardoc3 Member Posts: 5,748
    These kinds of options always present a challenge for technicians to figure out because there are just too many variations to study and prepare to service. Looking in service information gives me plenty of diagnostic and repair information where if a vehicle had a problem and the system doesn't work at all it can be analyzed and serviced. However just what exactly they can and cannot do isn't explained in any kind of detail and there is no way to know beyond getting first hand experience with the seats and then trying to compare behaviors between vehicles. For service technicians its plausible that they may never encounter a seat issue on a given car in their career so there is little to no time invested learning about a specific model until the day that one does arrive with some kind of a problem.

When it comes to analyzing the performance of seat cooling and heating functions, an infrared camera is one of the tools of choice after the initial base routine of using a scan tool to access Body Computer functions and LIN bus communication with the power seat modules. The tech would be limited to checking for codes and following service information if any were retrieved and then attempting operation of the various functions and watching/inspecting the results.

I'm going to attach three screenshots. One is a picture related to R&R of the Lumbar/Massage pad in the seatback. I found no other service information that gives more precise information but the appearance is it is simply a pneumatic pad with pressure control solenoids that inflates/deflates as a single unit or multiple cells depending on the system equipped. The schematic does show the lumbar support and massage as the same components. The third screenshot is description and operation which includes information such as min/max temperature operational conditions, and load shedding functions where if there was a vehicle power issue the seat functions would be among the first things disabled.