Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Pathfinder Power Steering Problems

go0001go0001 Posts: 2
edited May 2014 in Nissan
Long story short. 2001 pathfinder SE
I got stuck in the mud and tried really hard to drive out. After getting out, the power steering seemed gone. I drove another 5 minutes, checked power steering fluid level and it was low. Checked by a mechanic, he didn't find any leaking but some "metal fragaments". He reflushed the fluid. It feels normal while driving, but still really stiff at 0-5 mph. Put tranismission at neutral, acclerating (increasing rpm) seems help.

Was this due to "damaged power steering pump", or "bent tie rod or ball joint", or "loose belts". Doe anyone have a clue?

Help really appreciated. You can leave a message here or email [email protected] Thanks again.

Comments

• paisanpaisan Posts: 21,181
    Most likely a loose belt, but could also be the pump itself.

-mike
  • Thank you, Mike. I will try get belt changed first. See how it goes.
  • paisanpaisan Posts: 21,181
    It may only need to get tightened with the weather changes the rubber expands/contracts.

-mike
  • am driving a nissan pathfinder 1996 model, i discovered that my gear does not pick in time and av top the transmission with oil but the problem persist
This discussion has been closed.