Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Dodge Demon

wale_bate1wale_bate1 Posts: 1,986
edited March 2014 in Dodge
Apparently, DCX will show a Dodge Demon roadster concept at Geneva. Don't know the architecture, but as for equipment:
"2.4-liter 172-hp, 165-lb-ft four-cylinder engine, hooked to a six-speed manual gearbox driving the rear wheels..."

Now, is it just me, or is this a rehash of the Razor concept, as well as a follow-the-leaders to the Miata, Sky and Solstice? And this from a company that suggests the Caliber is a replacement for the Neon?

I don't dislike what I see, but playing catch up isn't what the game is about. And if you can give me a 2.4L, 6-speed RWD drop-top, why can't you go 2.4T and give me a hot sedan?

Comments

• If only it were the Razor! This thing is ugly! Why did they ditch the Razor? According to a rep at the auto show everyone like it. The interior gauges on this thing are dull, the back end is horrid and the front doesn't do much for me either.
  • wale_bate1wale_bate1 Posts: 1,986
    Razor was a hottie. Project was ditched only because they couldn't make the $14.9K OPP they were looking to hit, IIRC.

I don't care for the Ram grille, but the proportions don't look that bad from the shots I've seen. Then again, the Caliber looked OK in the pics; looks like boredom incarnate up close and personal.

Back end recalls 350Z a bit to me, with a touch of Prowler. I liked the Prowler...
This discussion has been closed.