Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Door Locks are Glitchy

Yo_DiggityYo_Diggity Member Posts: 2
edited March 24 in Mitsubishi
Hello. I have a 2015 Outlander and the door locks are acting up. When I lock the car, whether with the FOB or the key in the door, the car almost immediately locks the doors. To be clearer, I hope, I press the unlock on the FOB, the doors unlock, and them lock again almost immediately. If I don't have my hand on the handle to open the car, it locks itself.

Any ideas on how to fix would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Funkle Repair Guy

Comments

• Options
    thecardoc3thecardoc3 Member Posts: 5,749
    First suspect would be one of the door switches falsely sending a lock command. Most cars today have the lock commands shared via serial data. First step to prove/disprove what is going on would be to connect a scan tool and check every module for codes, and then go to BCM and/or door module data and see if the switch data is present. The next step would depend on what was found with that first step.
  • Options
    Yo_DiggityYo_Diggity Member Posts: 2
    edited March 25
    @thecardoc3 - Thank you for the help. Would i need a specific scan tool, or would one from an auto parts do? When you say 'door switch', are you referring to the interior switch on the door itself?

• Options
    thecardoc3thecardoc3 Member Posts: 5,749
    edited March 25
    By door switch I do mean the switches on the doors to lock and unlock them. You will need a more professional level scan tool than what most parts stores have available. Something like an Autel 906 or 909 elite, or a Launch X431.