Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

VW Jetta Lighting

asifgrkhanasifgrkhan Member Posts: 13
edited April 2014 in Volkswagen
I need to replace the headlamp of my 2000 Jetta (driver's side). Is there any way to do this at home without going to the shop and paying $50.
The drivers side does look pretty complicated.

Comments

• Options
    bmz26bmz26 Member Posts: 3
    if your just replacing the light bulb then there should be a couple screws above the light holding a trim piece on, so take those out and remove the trim and the light twists then you just pull the light out of the wiring harness
  • Options
    jayvee1jayvee1 Member Posts: 3
    I need to replace the signal flasher on my 2000 Volkswagen Jetta. Can anyone tell me where this is located and the way to get at it?
  • Options
    kennbeekennbee Member Posts: 5
    Bentley, Bentley, Bentley.

Every Volkswagen should come from the factory with the Bentley Repair Manual in the glove box.
  • Options
    bobcatmatbobcatmat Member Posts: 3
    I know you posted this question over a year ago, but for the next person who might stumble upon this ... I found the following article to be a great source when I was changing my 2000 Jetta headlamps:

http://www.monkeyouttanowhere.com/thoughts/archives/2005/09/01_12_40.php
  • Options
    hilgnerhilgner Member Posts: 1
    I've got the GLX with the Auto Check System (NOT the Multi-Function Indicator) and I'm trying to change the Temperature from Celcius to Farenheit. Can anyone tell me how to do this?
  • Options
    d99piecuchd99piecuch Member Posts: 1
    My 2001 Jetta had a burned out tail light bulb. The glass had cracked and I pulled the bulb out to get a replacement. When I put everything back without the bulb, none of the lights worked - just the brake lights. When I finally replaced the bulb, the lights, except for the brakes, still did not function. Any thoughts?
This discussion has been closed.