It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
1) Custom built for the Trooper, the bar is elevated up so that the top of the step/bar is level with the built-in step of the trooper.
2) Rhino Bar comes straight out of the hitch receiver, this will result in a much lower bar than that of Independent 4xs, providing less protection from higher vehicles
3) I am willing to bet that they don't use 1/4" thick walled steel tubing, not even my reese receiver-shank rated at 6500lbs towing capacity uses steel that thick.
4) Spare Tire protection. The Rhino bar does not stick out nearly as far as Matt's does, so it will nor provide nearly as much protection to your spare-tire/door.
5) Width. My bar ends exactly where the door openings end on the trooper 54" wide, which provides protection for the corners over your bumper from parrallel parking incidences.
6) Custom built. GPM had his bar made 60" wide, and a longer shank on it so that it sticks out further than my 54" bar, also had stops built into the shaft so that it cannot be pushed through the hitch. Basically Matt will make it however *You* want it, so long as it doesn't vary too much from the original design.
Also Independent 4x is dedicated to the Isuzu Community. He was just out in Moab at the big Isuzu get-together, he come off-roading with Isuzu guys, and actually owns a '91 Trooper. That said I don't see how the Rhino bar is any better than matt's. Contact him http://independent4x.com
Looks like it will be a US built Trooper in 2003.
Is this what you are looking for?
Help | About Us | Contact Us | Careers | Affiliate Program | Dealer Center | Privacy Statement | Visitor Agreement | Membership Agreement
Your Ad Choices | Site Map | Glossary | Mobile | Developers
© Edmunds.com, Inc.