Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently switched from a luxury sedan to a luxury SUV?
A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by 7/25 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Chevrolet Blazer 6.5 L turbo diesel

the_dj_hitmanthe_dj_hitman Posts: 3
edited June 2014 in Chevrolet
I have a 1994 6.5L deisel I am having a lot of problems with the pmd any fixes????

Comments

• tpriesztpriesz Posts: 1
    Apparently these are susceptible to overheating in the OEM installation. SSDieselSupply.com offers an "FSD Heat-Sync" kit.
  • doug62doug62 Posts: 1
    once pmd gets hot its basically junk. buy a new one and get it off the side of injector pump. on a pmd cooler should take care of problem. you can buy used ones on ebay for 75 bucks but better off shelling out the 200 for a new one.
  • I found a chevy d-10 blazer, military for $3900. Pretty much the basics when it comes to a vehicle, and it looks solid, but at over 20 yrs old, at a 1986 model, is it a good buy? How long are these supposed to run for? I know very little about diesel engines, what kind of maintenance am I looking at? It only has 43,000 miles on it. I figured the engine won't be worn out yet. And any ideas what kind of gas mileage a diesel of this age would get?
This discussion has been closed.