Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volvo XC90 Mirrors

rippermanripperman Member Posts: 10
edited June 2014 in Volvo
Has anyone ever experiencded problems with the side mirrors losing their position in memory. My wife has the #1 memory and I have #2 and sometimes the mirrors will reset back to her position after I get out of the car and then get backin the car after I've been out. Volvo says it's a user problem but I disgaree with them.

Also, has anyone experienced the 3rd row head rests wearing away a little mark on the rear of both head rests? Volvo says I should move the 2nd row seats forward first before I out down the third row. An awful design flaw if you ask me!

Comments

• jwarrengainjwarrengain Member Posts: 1
    YES!!! we do have the same problem with the mirror. Drivers side door, I don't think the RH mirror is a memory unit. I have our car, an '04 at the dealer now for the problem. Like you, we went for 32,000 miles getting the 'education of the buyer' treatment. At this point, they are going to replace the mirror assy. tomorrow and see if that solves our problem. I'll let you know when a solution is found, I'm sure they will get it corrected for us. They are working hard at it!
  • rippermanripperman Member Posts: 10
    No, this happens to both side mirrors. The passenger mirror is a memory unit. They said they downloaded the latest software to the car's computer. I think it's a design flaw. Thanks.
  • lamriclamric Member Posts: 5
    Each key fob will remember the driver. Whichever key fob is used to unlock the door will cause the seat/mirror settings to go to whichever memory was last used with that fob.

If my wife unlocked the doors with her fob and I got in to drive and pressed the memory 2 for myself (She's memory 1) her fob would go to my presets next time she used it.
    I assume fob is the remote? I'm still a little confused.
    I assume fob is the remote? I'm still a little confused.

Yes, the fob is the remote.
    What does fob stand for? My wife and I each have our own remotes. I still don't understand why this has to happen. It only affects the mirrors too, never the seats.
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    What does fob stand for?

It's not an abbreviation or acronym, if that's what you're asking. The word fob originally meant a vest pocket used to hold a pocket watch but now generally refers to an object or trinket that hangs from a watch chain.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
    Do you and your wife have similiar seat settings? It may be affecting the seats too, you just haven't noiced it because your seat memory positions are very close one another.
    No, my wife is much shorter then me. Our settings are very different. She's right on top of the steering wheel.
    No, my wife is much shorter then me. Our settings are very different. She's right on top of the steering wheel

I'd bypass the dealer and contact Volvo directly at:

VOLVO CUSTOMER CARE CENTER
    Toll-Free Number: 1-800-458-1552
    E-mail: customercare@volvocars.com
    Address:
    Volvo Cars of North America, LLC
    7 Volvo Drive
    Rockleigh, New Jersey 07647

Or you can go to http://www.volvocars.us You may have to register your VIN number before receiving full site access.
  • chinamom2chinamom2 Member Posts: 1
    I recently purchased a pre-owned 2004 XC90 AW T6. The driver side mirror has a mind of its own. Whenever I turn the car off and then turn it on the mirror re adjusts itself. It has been in the shop 2 times so far to fix this problem. The service center ordered a new side view mirror and will replace it in the next few weeks. I sure hope this helps solve my problem. Other than that I really am enjoying my car.
    Charlene
  • vickypett1vickypett1 Member Posts: 3
    I faced the problem with the side mirror. I have bought it from ebay. Still need to be installed.
This discussion has been closed.